Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Facility & HSE Manager
- 100% on site position
- 9/80 schedule: 5 day work week than 4 day work week: OFF every other Friday
- Must have OSHA training
- Requires at least 8 years direct experience in the Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) field with at least 5 years managing HSE and Facility programs
- Provide technical assistance on environmental compliance projects, auditing, and management systems.
- Develop and/or review and recommend improvements to existing environmental programs for compliance assurance.
- Plan and lead self-assessments to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging federal, state, and local environmental regulatory requirements.
- Build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including regulatory agencies.
- Interact with the plant personnel and management to communicate environmental requirements, identify compliance issues, and implement compliance requirements.
- Develop and provide training on key environmental issues, environmental requirements and compliance.
- Develop and implement environmental guidelines and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental science,
environmental engineering, or related field
- Working knowledge of Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) regulations it applies to a chemical manufacturing plant.
- 5-7 years experience managing environmental compliance in a manufacturing or consulting environment.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of federal and state environmental laws.
- Must be a team player that interacts effectively with co- workers in group or in independent cooperative activities.
- Must have good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Project Management Software.)
- Must have effective organizational and management skills.
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Apply for this position