Embedded Software Engineer (Mostly Remote)
Linthicum Heights, MD
This position allows for 4 days per week remote / work from home.
Salary: $90,000 - 110,000/year
Together, we’re pioneering the future of science by developing software products and solutions that enable our partner teams to help save lives.
- Develop embedded software ( C / C++, RTOS, Linux, Windows ) in a cross-platform development environment for controlling analytical instrumentation and medical devices, using high-speed communication channels, real-time data acquisition, and digital / analog I/O’s
- Follow the full design life cycle process including participation in requirements specification, design activities, planning, code reviews and creating corresponding artifacts.
- Develop and maintain manual / automated Software Testing (SVN, scripts, C++ / C#, Windows).
- Establish and execute verification plans against units in a simulated, emulated, and laboratory environment.
- Collaborate and be part of a multi-functional development team.
- 1+ years design and programming experience.
- Solid understanding of microprocessor architectures, interfaces, and digital logic.
- Experience with multithreaded programming for real-time embedded systems ( C / C++, RTOS ).
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming techniques.
- Experience with development tools such as logic analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, debuggers, emulators, and simulators.
- Familiarity with Microchip, Freescale, NXP, ARM, or other microcontrollers, modern C++ ( C++11, STL, BOOST libraries ), and high-speed communication protocols and interfaces (such as DMA, PCI, USB).
- Passion to learn new systems, methodologies, technologies, and tools.
Apply for this position