Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company provides payment for goods and services obtained by company.
- Tracking all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, and statements
- Reconciling processed payments through verification of entries and other supporting documents to balances
- Maintaining the accuracy of historical data and records
- Providing support in audit and tax preparation
- Verifying expense reports and corporate card purchases
- Correspondence with all creditors and vendors regarding payment schedules, outstanding credits and other finance-related inquiries
- Preparing an analysis of accounts and other monthly reports
- Continuous improvement of the payment process
- Maintains and updates vendor files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Researches vendor discrepancies and past-due amounts
- Assists in weekly payables reports
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling expense accounts each month.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as NetSuite or other accounting software programs.
- Proficient in Google GSuite
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- At least two years of directly related experience required.
- Accounting Software / ERP Experience – NetSuite Preferred