DSP Audio Sound Engineer
Growing Government Contractor looking to hire a Audio Sound Engineer. Viable candidates need be US Citizens and clearable to get a DOD clearance.
• Build innovative, high-quality, and performant audio signal processing solutions using C/C++ and other high-performance languages.
• Basic knowledge of digital signal processing
• DSP and audio programming experience.
• Audio DSP, audio Pre and post processing (Gain, Noise, echo cancellation, SRC),
• Experience in Audio DSP Requirement Specification and HW Specification.
• Experience with DSP development systems (TI, others) and debugging and testing in embedded systems.
• Good understanding of multi-threaded programming.
• Ability to implement algorithms for sound optimizations.
• Good working knowledge of Audio Algorithm development, Filters deign (FIR/IIR), float to fix conversions and implementation in C *
• Hands on Experience on Optimization of audio algorithm on DSP architecture, DSP Code Optimization and performance measurement.
• Comfortable prototyping audio algorithms (e.g. MATLAB or Python) and bringing these algorithms to the DSP by writing customer-facing code (e.g. Assembly and C).
• Understanding of digital audio processing (in particular filter theory and design) and adaptive audio processing algorithms.
• Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
• Experience with various audio frameworks in Windows.
• Experience with hardware ADC/DAC device drivers.
• Experience in DMA/buffer management in DSP systems.
• Experience writing modular software using modern design principles
• Knowledge of audio formats such as MP3, HE-AAC, Opus, FLAC, ALAC
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• A passion for staying abreast of the latest technologies.
• Self-motivated individual willing to work on a variety of projects as necessary when required.