Working with an Excellent Client that is looking to hire an accounting bookkeeper in West Palm Beach FL! This position is a 6 month temp to hire role with great opportunity for growth! ($55-$70k)
Primary Functions Include:
- Must fully understand inventory controls and functions, including issuing purchase orders, receiving items and applying to bills in A/P. We will train, but Manufacturing experience is a MAJOR plus!
- Must be able to use online banking platforms to process client payables and receivables. Reconcile client bank accounts and credit cards.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements, including but not limited to trial balance and income statements.
- Performs monthly closing of general ledger, reconciles general ledger accounts, adjusts the general ledger accordingly, with appropriate backup and explanations, standard journal entries, and reconciles related variances through the financial statements.
- Prepares and/or reviews monthly journal entries and ensures appropriate code and allocation amounts to ensure compliance with organization's policies and procedures.
- Reviews and prepares financial reports on a timely basis.
- Maintains and scans records of all appropriate supporting documentation.
Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping, reporting and spreadsheets.
Multi-Tasking- Must be detail oriented, analytical and comfortable with multiple transitions between tasks at the same time.
Accounting Compliance- Demonstrates knowledge of accounting principles and financial statements preparation.
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Decisive, critical thinker with the ability to problem solve and make suggestions on improving bookkeeping processes for efficiency.
Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience as a full charge bookkeeper or staff accountant to include working in QuickBooks with accounts payable and receivable, general ledger; previous experience with inventory or related preferred.
- willing to submit to a background and drug test.
Salary & Benefits:
This position is full time, Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Insurance, Holidays, Vacation, Sick/Personal Time and other great plans/benefits!