We are looking for a Cloud Architect to join our team! This is a REMOTE role. Must be local to DMV
Day to day duties include:
- Provides direction, guidance, and definition of cloud architecture, is a subject matter expert in cloud technologies and aligns the cloud architecture strategy with business goals.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of cloud standards to guide decision making, while managing exceptions to standards.
- Provide input into the oversight and governance of cloud technologies
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Analysts, Engineers and Architects.
- Leads virtual teams in developing cloud technology roadmaps and designs.
- Conducts research on emerging cloud technologies and performs analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops recommendations and budget proposals for cloud initiatives. If necessary, performs as a Project Manager for large cloud architecture initiatives.
- Works on highly complex cloud-based projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple cloud capabilities.
- Providing guidance to the cloud migration project team.
- Working with other IT teams to realize cloud technology opportunities.
- Works with external vendors and our primary managed service provider to ensure governance, stability and operational effectiveness.
- Other duties as required.
At least 5 years of solution architecture experience
At least 5 years of experience designing big data applications
At least 5 years experience with data management or data governance tools
At least 3 years of software development experience
At least 3 years of experience with Identity & Access Management (IAM)
5+ years of experience in a public cloud environment (AWS, GCP or Azure)