Electrical Design Engineer
Contracted to Full Time
- Remote - Travel to Frederick once a month
- US Citizen
- 6 month contract to hire - 50-65/hr -> 130k/yr
Day to Day:
- Support the Design Team assigned projects primarily in the IAD region
- Working with RF Products
- Digital circuit design and analysis, including state of the art microprocessors, memories and related components
- Schematic capture using tools such as Orcad, Mentor Graphics or equivalent tools
- Assemble document packages and develop drawing sets to be reviewed by Electrical Engineer and Automation Engineer for various Control systems and switchgear systems.
- Prepare detailed electrical schematics for Control Panels as well as Mechanical layout drawings.
- Prepare Electrical Plant layout drawings.
- Prepare draft single line drawings for tendering purposes
- Interact with Engineering and Automation personnel and other staff to resolve identified issues.
- Comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in Circuitry
- Use of engineering tools such as Orcad, Mentor Graphics, Visio, Excel, or equivalent
- Ability to work independently, and within an engineering team of varying disciplines
- Exposure to operations and project controls experience for purposes of reporting.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Familiarity with infrastructure planning, design, and construction management; including rehabilitation and new design.
- Highly familiar with relevant engineering and electrical construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Analytical mindset with an ability to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience
Apply for this position