Electrical Distribution Engineering Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coach and mentor other Engineering professionals
· Review work of subordinate Engineering professionals
· Engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
· Approve timecards and expense reports for direct reports and assist in annual reviews.
· Assist in recruiting effort
· Assist in Business Development and Strategic Planning for the group
· Perform Project Management Activities on Assigned Client Projects along with Responsible Charge Engineering Duties
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
Moderately routine: general policies applied. Some decision making.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP:
Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
Approve timecards and expense reports, assist in annual reviews, assist in interviewing process and recruiting effort.
Qualifications - External
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
2. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: A Bachelor of Science degree from a four-year college or University in Engineering (BS in Electrical or Civil Engineering).
- Preferred: Engineering Degree awarded from a College of University that is accredited by ABET
6+ Year(s) Experience as practicing engineer or equivalent.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Required: State registration as a Professional Engineer is required for Transmission and Substation Engineering Supervisor.
- Preferred: State registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred for Distribution Engineering Supervisor.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry.
A. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
B. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.