Email Marketing Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages end-to-end email production that supports our eCommerce business – includes coding, development, deployment, and analysis of email campaigns, utilizing a major ESP (i.e., Zeta, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.)
- Develops complex and customized HTML email code, including responsively designed email templates and new that adheres to industry best practices
- Develops and codes complex email templates from scratch, modifies and updates existing templates in HTML/CSS, and troubleshoots existing email code as needed.
- Perform QA on own work as well as conducting peer review of campaign set up and coding to ensure emails render accurately across ISPs and other platforms.
- Participates in the QC process for all email campaigns, working with account managers and marketing leads to ensure all details, links, spelling, products, and content are correct.
- Displays problem-solving skills to address and solve technical problems that arise as it relates to email campaigns.
- Manages and organizes HTML content and related assets
- Write scripts for dynamic content, personalization, and/or segmentation.
- Leverage existing segments and create new custom segments for email deployment utilizing data within the email service provider/platforms. Partner with marketing & data analytics for additional custom segment creation that falls outside the scope of the ESP.
- Collaborate with merchandising and marketing on campaign calendars.
- Works with cross-functional account managers to coordinate on campaign assets.
- Monitor, track and report all e-mail marketing campaigns (including open rates, conversion etc.) and provide recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of hands-on email production experience in relevant industry executing marketing campaigns
- Highly proficient in coding html emails, ability to write CSS, and trouble-shoot for mail client-specific limitations.
- Experience in coding emails for responsive design is required.
- Familiarity with dynamic personalization & audience segmentation
- Knowledge of CRM and campaign management
- Experience with setting up tracking, reporting, and monitoring key performance indicators
- Experience with an enterprise level ESP and project management tools (JIRA) required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook)
- Ability to train/support others on the technical aspects of email development
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Creative and conceptual thinker
- Superb quantitative and analytical skills
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently in an independent and collaborative capacity.
- Strong project management skills.
- Keep current on the latest email inbox changes, code standards, and industry standards.
- Experience in retail, entertainment, sports and/or travel industry is preferred
- Proficiency in Dreamweaver/Photoshop skills
- Experience working with one or more Email Service Providers (Experian, Yesmail, ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Zeta, etc.)
- Experience using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and other marketing automation platforms
- Understanding of CAN-SPAM and email best practices
- Knowledge of ESP-specific scripting languages (i.e., liquid scripting, AMPscript, etc.)
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.