Data Entry Temp
We are seeking a professional and skilled Logistics Coordinator / Dispatcher to join our team. In this role, you will receive emails and calls, then need to make quick decisions to ensure the proper action is taken. The ideal candidate is highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Seeking "work hard / play hard" career professionals looking for long term opportunity. We are a small business with under 15 employees, with four 2-3 person departments (no micromanagement). We offer raises and bonuses based on performance and tenure. We are looking for an independent career minded hard worker to join our team. The office is considered business casual with flexible schedules for tenured staff. This position and the business are centered around Customer Service. Please only apply if you have the skills to effectively & professionally manage client expectations. The position requires working on group projects with several different departments - applicants should be comfortable working alone and also on a team.
The job description is not intended to cover every single requirement of the job. The business is constantly growing and evolving for the booming shipping industry. We are seeking only long-term applicants who want to grow with the company and have a long career with our team. The company reserves the right to change job duties at any time.
- Receive inbound emails and calls
- Collect and document information from customers
- Prioritize calls according to the level of urgency
- Transmit information to the appropriate person or department
- Direct response units to appropriate location
- Monitor status of response team
- Problem Solving, Project Management, Professional Judgement, & Adaptability
- Previous experience as a Dispatcher or in a similar position - Three years of industry experience is required; five years is preferred
- Excellent typing and data entry skills - above basic computer skills required and Microsoft Office experience is preferred
- Understanding of best practices and procedures for customer service situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Ability to work well under pressure