Desktop Support Technician
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents related to hardware, software (COTS, GOTS, custom), websites, instrument controllers, medical and scientific devices.
- Follow relevant procedures to resolve incidents and fulfill requests within agreed-upon service level agreements (SLAs)
- Provide outstanding customer service both at the desk-side and via remote tools such as Bomgar, Cisco Jabber, Microsoft Teams, and Windows Remote Control.
- Support secure operations by maintaining anti-virus and endpoint security applications and remediating vulnerabilities, security violations, and incidents within designated time constraints.
- Assist with systems administration, troubleshooting, and resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with all security and operational policies and procedures, including the United States Government Configuration Baseline.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting desktop system, printer, and operating problems.
- Consulting and instructing users on hardware and software questions/issues.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Systems Operations team.
- Install, maintain and upgrade equipment and its associated infrastructure.
- Runs diagnostic tests to isolate system problems and make recommendations for potential solutions for:
o Operating Systems (including Windows, macOS and *unix)
o Scientific Computing
o Medical devices and peripherals