Accounts Payable Specialist
Growing Law Firm in the Baltimore area looking to bring on an AP Specialist. Ideal candidate would come from a Law Firm background. Position is on-site in Baltimore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains vendor invoice files
- Enters payable vouchers accurately for client files as well as for firm expenses
- Supplies appropriate general ledger code or client charge disbursement code for all invoices or check requests. Prepares checks for the 15th and month-end, and prepares daily checks as needed. Obtains signature for all checks. Enters data into LMS system and reviews for accuracy
- Responsible for timely disbursement of all payables
- Corresponds with vendors to resolve billing questions or discrepancies
- Prepares and sends documentation to bank for foreign draft and wire requests
- Communicate with attorneys to solve any problems or issues that may arise
- Maintain accounting records for escrow bank accounts
- Assist the General Ledger Team in the reconciliation process for any keying errors
- Assist in the year end audit as needed
- Audit expense requests to ensure compliance with applicable laws and policies
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Accounting systems
- Proficiency in Accounts Payable processes
- Knowledge in accounting procedures and impact
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to show strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to work needs with minimum direction and follow up on own initiative
- Must communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Work well in a team environment
Required Technical and Computer Software Skills:
- Holds a proficient level of knowledge of payable processes
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (Excel, Word, LMS) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Proficient knowledge of Accounting systems.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.