Accounting Manager/ Controller
- Overall accountability for planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting and administrative operational functions.
- Manages the accumulation and consolidation of all company and subsidiary company financial data necessary for an accurate accounting and presentation of consolidated business results.
- Coordinates and prepares internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinates activities of external auditors.
- Provides management with accurate information vital to the decision-making process.
- Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implements new processes.
- Evaluates accounting and internal control systems.
- Supervision responsibilities for accounting staff, including recommendations for hiring, evaluations, training, disciplining, performance evaluations and terminations.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly financial statements to include initial review and responding to management and customer inquiries
- Preparation of general ledger accounts reconciliations, including fixed assets ledger, insurance, taxes, property management, deferred expenses, leases, expense pro-ratios and allocations, prepays, budget variances, analysis and reports
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- · Minimum of 3-5 years of construction and/or real estate accounting experience preferred.
- · Strong understanding of accounting principles
- · Strong organizational, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- · Comfortable with multitasking in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- · Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with integrity.
Apply for this position