Collections Specialist (Law Firm Experience)
LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
General Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Regional Credit Manager, the Credit Associate supports the credit/ collection effort within an assigned geographic territory in order to cultivate good business relationships while adhering to firm guidelines regarding payment practices.
- • Review accounts and determine the direction to take to collect outstanding pas due balances.
- • Make collections calls and determine, within prescribed guidelines, payment plans consistent with maintaining a continuing sales relationship.
- • Research and resolve account problems. Determine the facts, analyze them and follow up until the project is completed
- • Provide support for new application processing and file updates, by conducting a credit investigation and making a recommendation for approval with the respective credit manager. Final approval is done by respective credit manager
- • Provide additional support.
- • Maintain knowledge and understanding of current laws, regulations, and legal issues as they pertain to credit, collection activities and other job duties.
- • Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Good communication and organization skills.
- • A professional telephone manner.
- • Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- • PC skills; including Word, Excel and Internet.