Accounts Receivable Representative (Healthcare)
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk - Healthcare
Job Description: Schedule (4 days on-site, 1 day remote)
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Overview: As an Accounts Receivable Clerk with 3rd party billing experience, you will play a crucial role in ensuring accurate and efficient management of financial transactions related to accounts receivable. You will be responsible for tracking, processing, and reconciling incoming payments from patients, insurance companies, and other stakeholders. Your attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to work within a fast-paced healthcare environment will contribute to the financial health of the company.
- Receive and review payments from patients, insurance companies, and other sources.
- Accurately post payments to patient accounts using relevant billing and accounting software.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies or errors in payment allocations.
Invoicing and Statements:
- Generate and send invoices to patients and relevant parties based on provided billing information.
- Prepare and distribute regular account statements to patients, ensuring clarity and accuracy of outstanding balances.
Follow-Up on Outstanding Balances:
- Contact patients and insurance companies regarding overdue payments, discrepancies, or outstanding balances.
- Collaborate with billing and collections teams to address and resolve payment-related inquiries or disputes.
- Reconcile incoming payments with invoices, identifying any discrepancies or inconsistencies.
- Ensure accurate application of payments and adjustments to patient accounts.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date records of all payment transactions, invoices, and related documentation.
- Prepare and maintain reports on accounts receivable status, aging, and collections activities.
- Adhere to industry regulations and company policies regarding billing, privacy, and financial data security.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information and financial data.
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as billing, collections, and customer service, to address and resolve payment-related issues.
- Communicate effectively with patients and external parties to provide payment-related information and support.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Associate's degree in accounting or related field preferred).
- Previous experience in accounts receivable, preferably within a healthcare or medical billing setting.
- Familiarity with medical billing and insurance processes.
- Proficiency in using accounting and billing software.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Basic knowledge of relevant regulations (HIPAA, medical billing codes) is a plus.
***Compensation between $45k-$50k