Composite Engineering Technician
Contracted to Full Time
- Baltimore, MD
- 6 month Contract to Hire
- Pass background and drug screen
Day to Day:
- Comply with quality systems procedures & documentation as required.
- Visually inspects chips for defects and conformance to specifications working with a magnifying glass, microscope and tweezers.
- Order, maintain & carefully document chemical & chemical waste inventory.
- Assist Engineering by processing Task Requests (ETR's). Use scientific method to conduct tests needed for prototype product development work, evaluating processes, and troubleshooting.
- Verbal communication Clearly conveying to all team members key information on all activities informally or via meetings
- Note deviations in performance not anticipated or indicated in test procedures.
- Safely and proficiently operate a variety of equipment, and work with precision & high tolerance assemblies.
- Assist with training production employees on new machines and/or processes as needed
- Associates Degree-in a technical field or equivalent education
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Must have valid driver's license, ability to travel between plants
- Good documentation skills using Microsoft office products
- Working knowledge of gauges, micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, and various measuring devices.
- Experience with Autocad and/or Solidworks a plus
- Good math and communication skills
- High attention to detail is a must
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Apply for this position