Summary: Exercises discretion and judgment, creates model drawings and detailed construction drawings for homes. Performs calculations and analysis to support designs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates designs from rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from Sales and customers.
- Drafts detailed construction drawings and installations such as walls, roofs, floors, plumbing, water, electrical, cabinets, gas lines, duct prints, foundations elevations, etc.
- Uses computer assisted design (CAD) equipment and software to create detail drawings.
- Drafts detailed construction drawings of houses and installations such as walls, roofs, floors, plumbing, potable water, electrical, cabinets, gas lines, duct prints, pier blocking, elevations, etc.
- Drafts limited approvals and submits to sales and third-party agencies.
- Confers with Production and Quality Control staff to resolve design details or problems.
- Lays out, redesigns, and modifies home arrangement, and interconnections, components and systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Shows dimensions, material to be used, and other information necessary to make detailed drawing clear and complete.
- Generates calculations for analysis of selected designs using approved software.
- Submits drawings to third party agencies for approval.
- Other duties may be assigned..
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school which includes advance training in AutoCAD
- 1+ year of AutoCAD Drafting experience
- AutoCAD software experience using 2015 or higher
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Team Player
- Quick Learner