C++ Software Embedded Engineer (Must be US Citizen)
We are seeking for a team player with solid technical skills to work with our team of smart, creative, and dedicated engineering team-members. We value creative problem solving, logical thinking, enthusiasm, and the ability to learn quickly. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication skills, great problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the smartest team and the very latest technologies, then this is the job for you!
This is a cross-functional engineering position, developing software for our satellite products on Linux platforms. The language for most of the software development for this position is C++.
- Design, develop, test and integrate our software written in C++ from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Act as a member of an Agile scrum team
- Assist with estimation of time and effort required to implement new requirements
- Participate in code reviews and improve software quality
- Interface and work with cross-functional teams to successfully implement feature dependencies
- Effectively employ innovative problem-solving techniques
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- Programming experience with C/C++ and object-oriented design
- Experience developing and debugging software in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with software configuration management, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Object and Component Oriented Designs
- Transmission security and cryptographic techniques
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Working knowledge of GCC, grep/awk/sed command line tools, bash scripting, GDB debugger, systemd suite
Additional experience in the following areas is a plus
- Embedded development including hardware debug, device drivers, and real-time constraints in a complex multi-processor system
- Familiarity with developing multi-threaded software applications
- Knowledge of communications and/or networking protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, IPv6, etc.
- Experience with cross-functional (hardware/firmware/software) development and verification
- Experience in shell scripting using Perl, Lua, or Python
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Familiarity with Docker, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Conan, CMake, C++11
- Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Git, BitBucket, SharePoint, Jenkins and Artifactory is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software, Systems, Mathematics, or other technical field.
- Active DoD Clearance preferred, or ability to obtain