Accounting Supervisor / Assistant Controller
Mount Morris, PA
Salary: $70,000 - 90,000/year
As the Assistant Controller, you will assist with the organization’s daily accounting functions including cost, payables, billing, treasury, payroll, and periodic reporting. You will be hands on in contributing to the development and maintenance of financial reporting, planning and budgeting systems and ensuring that all internal controls and accounting policies are documented and followed by the organization in accordance with good business practice. Essential Duties and Functions
- Ensure all accounting practices are compliant with legal and established GAAP guidelines.
- Prepare financial reports at defined intervals for senior management and corporate office.
- Prepare budgets annually, forecasts quarterly and reconcile budget variances each month.
- Prepare monthly corporate balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Utilize multiple accounting systems to report consolidated financials.
- Performs month end variable closing and billing to customers.
- Manage spending and reporting and maintain fixed asset records within the fixed asset system for book and tax purposes.
- Assist with property tax return preparation and 1099 generation and mailing.
- Identify solutions to discrepancies in company’s financial records and corrects inaccuracies.
- Assist with self-reporting of Sales & Use Tax liability and monthly return submission.
- Work with Controller to create, maintain, and follow internal controls and policies.
- Oversee data entry of staff accountant(s).
- Train and mentor accounting staff.
- Aid with year-end audit requests.
- Understand deadlines and prioritization of assigned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
- 2 years of experience and 1 year of managerial experience are required; experience in public accounting and experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of governmental guidelines and tax laws that affect the company.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Collaboration and teamwork skills.
Apply for this position