We provide IT solutions for all businesses on a national scale. We are hiring a motivated customer service oriented team player to join us as an IT Service Technician.
This is an opportunity to work for a successful company that is poised for continued growth. Our culture is professional and results driven, yet still fun and exciting. We prefer to promote from within which will open up many opportunities in the future as we continue growing.
This is a consulting position that provides you with challenging problems in a wide variety of IT environments. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your IT skill while gaining valuable experience. And have some fun along the way.
This position is responsible for providing Tier 2 level support to clients via phone, remote access, and onsite. Excellent customer service and technical skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides remote support to callers.
· Responds to support tickets to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
· May travel to client locations to perform maintenance on equipment and solve problems.
· Troubleshoots and resolves client issues or escalates ticket to higher level staff.
· Answers questions posed by users for both software and hardware related issues.
· Installs upgrades to software or hardware.
· Works with networking equipment, making changes and improvements as necessary.
· Performs all other duties as necessary.
Education & Experience This position requires a 4-year bachelor's degree in an IT related major or 2 year technical degree and relevant experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to listen and communicate well with clients.
· Excellent written communication skills.
· Ability to develop rapport; good interpersonal skills.
· Superior ability in problem solving and critical thinking.
· An "above and beyond" approach to customer service.
· Attention to detail and a dedication to providing quality service.
· Analytical thinking.
· Self starter, self motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Skills in time management.
· Good planning and organizational skills.
· A sense of urgency.
· Ability to assess situations or problems and respond quickly.
· Experience using ticketing and time management software.
· Good driving record.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
· Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and standard business software.
· Ability to setup new computers from scratch.
· Ability to add and remove users through active directory.
· General understanding of Windows Server, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
· Networking knowledge of IP, DHCP, DNS, Routers, Switches, WIFI, VPN, and others.
· Knowledge of Exchange, Google Apps, and Office 365
Management This position reports to the IT Service Manager and offers exceptional growth opportunities.