technology solutions sales – enterprise
Date Posted: October 2017
FSLA Status: Full-Time Exempt
We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing primarily on Education (K-12; Higher-Education) and State + Local Government customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity, Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services that cover Data Center, Client Computing, Networking, Security, Cloud Services and Managed IT Services.
What We Offer
We live by our core values and insist on excellence in all we do for customers and ourselves – but we like to have fun, too. Some highlights include:
- World-Class Engineers
- Local Company With an Excellent Reputation in the Industry
- Key Relationships With Vendors and Strategic Partners
- Strong, Competitive Compensation Package (Including Base Salary + Variable Commission + Car Allowance) and Benefits (Including Generous Paid Time Off, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K Plan, etc.)
- No Required Overnight Travel
- Combination of Work-From-Home / Work-From-Office Environment
- Ongoing Opportunities for Development and Career Advancement
- Comprehensive Training Programs
- Opportunity to Work in a Creative, Comfortable, Progressive and Fun Environment
Seeking an Account Executive (AE) with strong business development skills to join our expanding Maryland-based sales team. This position is responsible for new account development and expansion of existing accounts — growing IT sales through effective selling into past, current and targeted customers. The AE will understand our Data Center Solutions (Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, and Converged Infrastructure) and develop strategies to help new and existing customers find and adopt the best IT solutions to suit their needs. The AE will expand our customer base, exceed sales goals, and maintain industry knowledge, certifications and skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically prospect and develop new enterprise opportunities in the commercial and/or public sector.
- Team up with partners (including Cisco, Dell EMC, HPE Aruba, Juniper, Microsoft, VMware, among others) to leverage products/competencies to drive sales.
- Develop new account relationships and build a sales funnel through “cold” lead development (telesales; hosted industry events such as open-houses, product demos, etc.), cold-calling, follow-up marketing-generated leads — and “warm” lead development (existing account expansion, RFP response, former account recovery, etc.)
- Grow existing business through cross-selling of competencies.
- Perform an in-depth needs analysis for prospective customers that will result in an understanding of the customer’s business goals.
- Interface with technical, engineering, customer service, and related support staff to ensure end-to-end customer sales and satisfaction.
- Develop and work a sales activity plan to help achieve sales goals.
- Maintain and report sales prospecting activity, including funnels, appointments, and 30/60/90-day forecasts.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft CRM (or equivalent) is strongly desired.
- Assist marketing initiatives by participating in lead-generation campaigns, including outbound calls.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and certifications relevant to position and company initiatives.
- Represent company at outside events (ie: trade shows, conferences).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5+ years of IT solution sales.
- Sales focus in a niche market (healthcare or legal or finance) is highly desired.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, and to adapt to a perpetually changing industry.
- Able to learn the technical aspects of solutions and develop/maintain deep product knowledge.
- Skilled at identifying decision-makers and building strong executive relationships.
- Strong communication, presentation, listening and writing skills (including reviewing SOWs, BOMs, and quotes and sales proposales).
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cold-call, up-sell, follow-up and close.
- Able to understand and articulate how solutions and services can positively impact a customer’s operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Clean driving record; must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- 4-year college degree is preferred.
- Base salary + variable commission + car allowance
An EEO/AA employer.