The help desk is the initial point of contact for all internal coworkers with questions, issues or feedback regarding any of the applications or interfaces available to them. This is not a desktop support position and does not focus on company issued hardware. This position’s primary focus is on the application suite which includes:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
50% First and foremost this position requires an individual who can quickly learn its core products then have the capacity and patience to articulate how the product functions to others in person, over the phone, via email, social media, and knowledge base.
Other responsibilities of this position will include:
• Provide critical expertise in researching and resolving complex customer issues.
• Own the technical responsibility for the supported products.
Enhance existing staff accomplishments and competence by answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members and teaching improved processes.
• Promote more effective support practices and continually look for better ways for the to support products through the development of applications and automation.
• Effectively document the solution for both the customer and internal reference following the appropriate support process.
• Open/Close incidents and services requests in incident tracking tool.
• Update incidents and service requests.
• Keep coworkers informed of the status of their tickets.
• Ensure follow-up is performed with level 2/3 support.
• Meet all productivity and quality goals as measured by the department.
• Mentor new coworkers on technical issues.
• Perform basic client administration activities.
• Create and submit knowledgebase content.
• Identify system improvements by evaluating system performance.
50% Manage daily EDI exceptions. Resubmit transmissions. Setup standard EDI transactions using Gentran software and AS2 mailbox setup using GIS software
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
5% Performs all other duties or special projects as assigned.
Employees are required to be present to perform the functions of this position.
Must be detail and service oriented with good organization. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, people skills, and is a true team player. Ability to document business requirements and functional specifications from interviewing team members of the various business units, document business processes as well as recommend and implement process improvements.
• 3 years’ experience in the following:
o Supporting a web based application
o Working experience in a tier one phone technical support environment
o Working with VPN solutions and troubleshooting network connectivity
• Extensive application support experience and has established a track record for providing high quality support services.
• Demonstrate ability to research and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner with minimal guidance.
• Ability to manage multiple issues at once.
• Strong customer service skills
• Advance working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software products.
• Strong attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to create easy to understand instructions using flow charts, screen shots and written word.
• Ability to write basic MySQL queries.
• Ability to navigate Linux based operating systems.
• Experience in supporting mobile applications.
Experience and Education
Minimum years of career experience to qualify for role: 3
Total years of career experience in order to be fully proficient: 5
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio.
• Work flow tracking tools such as Zendesk, Trio Helpdesk, Jira or other comparable tools.
• Extensive experience with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
• Conceptual understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP and Java.