EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Broad knowledge of cost accounting/control. Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software application skills, as well as fluent written and oral communication skills. General finance knowledge sufficient to support the business group’s current and near term requirements. Bachelor’s degree in a finance, accounting, or related business discipline. The ability to effectively influence cross functional teams. 7 – 10 years of related project management experience.
Work under the direction of the Director of Operations or designee with minimum supervision. Responsible for the coordination of schedules, operations initiatives, and financial/material data related activities for all Operations in Orlando and Middletown locations. This position will provide support to other departments by maintaining accurate records and supplying required schedules and status reports and driving tasks to completion in a timely manner; exercise independent judgment with regard to resolution of problems and interaction with other departments. Demonstrating capabilities include: problem solving, taskmaster, and motivation. Provide support to management by maintaining accurate and detailed status of work in process, forecasts and future resource requirements. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform diversified analytical duties related to the identification and resolution of materiel management problems related to materials budget, schedule changes and materials cost etc.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Purchasing and other groups to resolve problems and make special arrangement for unusual situations in order to meet program schedules and goals.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems/issues that may involve the gathering of cost, coordination of disposition of material (including fuzes) and filing claims.
- Use project/program management skills to maintain and ensure execution of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for assigned program(s) to enable production to meet the objectives of the site: on time delivery, planned past due, and maximized use of manufacturing resources.
- Represent operations in monthly controls review with senior leadership and be able to collect, analyze and supply data to be reported in these reviews.
- Lead the Operations organization in the management of the Estimates at Completion (EAC) process activities for the management of material for all KPP programs. Ensure all planning parameters related to materials cost are accurate, current and continuously adjusted to support the EAC processes.
- Be involved in implementing new systems, procedures and work instructions, and special projects supporting manufacturing and customer service objectives.
- Interact with the Program Managers to ensure factory visibility to forecasted customer demand, noting early indicators and taking subsequent actions to resolve and restore schedule and cost, identify and analyze risks as necessary.
- Interface with Supervisors, Production Control, Operations Manager, Performance Improvement Engineers and Manufacturing Engineering to assure the master production schedule is within cell capacity constraints.
- Coordinate with the Materials Master Scheduler to ensure integration of production schedules.
- Create dashboard metrics to focus management awareness and actions. Ensure operations execution is accomplished to meet facility commitments and goals.
- Coordinate the capital planning process; ensuring budgets are met while identifying and prioritizing risks and opportunities to the plan.
- Manage the IDWA process while identifying risks/opportunities to the plan. Present IDWA change scenarios to stakeholders along with recommendations for change.
- Coordinate development of operations departmental budgets, material receipts plan, inventory plans and other miscellaneous forecasts while communicating any predictable changes in these forecasts to finance and upper management
- Participate in program status reviews and new program planning meetings.
- Work in a collaborative environment to ensure production readiness by communicating goals to all project stakeholders
- Manage the Capital Equipment Request (CER) Activity
- Manage the SIOP/Production SIOP Process for both Orlando and Middletown
- Maintain company standards for quality
- Exercise safe work habits