The nation’s leading market and management consulting firm to the real estate industry seeks to fill the role of Project Accountant on our accounting team located in our Bethesda, MD HQ location. The Senior Project Accountant manages the project accounting for large projects. This individual is independent and maintains good rapport with consulting and practice group leaders, Accounting Manager and Director of Accounting and Finance.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Preparing monthly billing according to contractual terms
· Reviewing contracts for compliance, adherence to terms and conditions, etc.
· Developing accurate monthly revenue projections
· Ensuring project budgets are in line with contracts and proposals
· Managing subcontractor relationships and documentation such as agreements, change orders, lien waivers, invoices, tax forms, etc.
· Calculating project fees, including processing project cost and timesheet data
· Directing collections and AR efforts
· Other tasks as assigned
Qualifying Skills and Experience:
· Experience with accounting systems (preferably Deltek Vision’s Enterprise systems).
· Proficient written and oral communication
· Excellent organizational, time management, customer service, and multi-tasking skills
· Computer proficiency (intermediate Microsoft Office skills required)
· Bachelor’s degree required (BS Accounting preferred),
· Minimum 5 years corporate work experience required. Professional services experience desirable.