Growing government consulting firm seeking Payroll Assistant. Immediate need.
Must have solid experience with Deltek GCS and Paychex FLEX
The specific job duties are as follows
* Full cycle payroll processing in Paychex, including reconciliation of payroll prior to transmission and remitting taxes
* Subject matter expert on the principles, practices, and procedures of payroll processing, tax withholding, deduction codes, W-2 processing, preparing and filing quarterly 941, FUTA, SUTA reports
* Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
* Process and update employee data (new hires, changes, additional earnings, insurance coverage, savings deductions, etc.) from HR in both systems Deltek GCS and Paychex FLEX
* Process semi-monthly payroll and prepare the payroll journal
* Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
* Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
* Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
* Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
* Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
* Understand proper taxation of employer and paid benefits
* Execute T&E by import and export Semi-monthly timesheet and interface with payroll