● Able to install basic AV and IT related infrastructure (cabling, connectors, rack assembly)
● Able to install, operate and service most AV equipment and systems.
● Able to read and comprehend AV system drawings, specifications and technical manuals.
● Able to configure AV equipment such as media control systems (AMX/Crestron/Extron), matrix mixers and switchers, codecs (Tandberg/Polycom)
● Ability to operate machinery, use power tools (hammer drills, reciprocating saws etc.), lift heavy loads up to 50lbs., work at heights using ladders and scaffolding.
● Be familiar with all types of computer video display formats and configurations.
● Interact with clients in a professional customer service oriented manner.
● Performs on-site management of installation team; interacts with general contractor’s and other trades. Manages all site documents, relays relevant project information and project status to project manager and/or systems designer.
● Responsible for planning out stages of an install and assigning tasks to install team for efficient job completion.
● Be available to work outside of regularly scheduled hours on occasion. Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.