Position Description: Software Tester
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
Performs system software testing tasks and activities to include:
- Tests software for sequence and functionality based on requirement specifications. Identifies and documents exact sequence of activities that produced the malfunction. Writes defect reports, may investigate defect and problem reports. Maintains test environment. Maintains defect database and generates defect reports.
- Review project requirements
- Write and maintain test cases ensuring correct testability of the final project
- Perform manual testing
- Develop and execute automated tests
- Execute performance, operability and serviceability tests
- Write bug reports and retest once fixed
- Troubleshoot problems with team support
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
- Test custom C++ and Java software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
- Performs software testing in a laboratory environment.
- Follows and executes procedures
- Follows direction of software development team leads.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
- Ability to troubleshoot HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues.
- Shell scripting knowledge.
- Associates’ degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to three year’s professional experience.
- Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
- Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
- US Citizen with an active DoD Secret Clearance
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
A proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.