The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for engaging end users and business analysts in gathering & defining business requirements and workflows, data validation and analysis, identifying, documenting and testing system and process changes, and conducting data gap analysis. This role will participate in the recommendation, evaluation and/or selection of an Electronic Health Records (EHR) system. This role interacts with all levels of the organization as well as representatives of Public Safety and sister agencies. The position requires strong problem-solving, written and verbal communication, business process, time management and data analysis skills. This person will document business processes and requirements, and design and develop reports, and other informational capabilities required to support the reporting/analytics needs of the Project Management Office. The following skillsets are required, at a minimum, to support The Department:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
2. At least five (5) years of experience with the development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale software development projects for Electronic Health Records.
3. The ability to serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for documented solutions during all phases of SDLC
4. Demonstrated ability to work across multiple organizations
5. Demonstrated excellence at preparing written documents and presentation.
6. Experience in documenting complex business and functional requirements for software development
7. Experience in isolating, replicating, reporting, and verifying defects and defect fixes
8. Experience in participation in IT design reviews, to ensure compatibility and interoperability of computing systems.
9. Experience with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and Visio
10. Experience with relational databases (RDBMS), including but not limited to: Oracle 10G, SQL Server 2000, MySQL, MS Access, QuickBooks 2011 , 2013