Position Description: Hardware Technician Specialist
Job Location: Manassas, VA
Hardware Technician Job Description:
Provides hardware engineering support as needed, to include: hardware standup, hardware movement to support new system configurations, troubleshoot and repair/replace defective hardware, assist with hardware testing and reviews, as required.
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Hardware Technician Required Tasks
- Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas.
- Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Works from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format. Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Hardware troubleshooting capabilities
- Familiarity with laboratory working conditions
- Linux OS
- BIOS configuration and update familiarity
Additional Requirements for Hardware Technician
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 3 Years of experience.
- Must be CompTIA A+ certified.
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
- Demonstrate H/W related skills and abilities in maintaining lab hardware
- Possess excellent organizational and reporting abilities
- Ability to work independently at times with some oversight and/ or direction, and to work with a team.
- Effective communication skills, in both oral and written form.
- Active Secret Clearance
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable