Growing client in Baltimore, MD area looking to hire an additional SQL DBA to their team.
• Optimizes database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes. Limits database accessibility based upon information security level and ensures data spillage from more secure to less secure databases does not occur.
• Implements and supports database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Monitors security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; installs necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security.
• Plans and installs upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance. Researches various hardware and software products; recommends solution and implements approved products.
• Monitors database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present. Determines data to collect and analyzes information as appropriate. Investigates and resolves technical database issues of significance. Designs and Maintains SQL Server Replication and Database Mirroring in Clustered and Non-Clustered environments.
• Function as a technical expert for evaluating new methodologies for OLTP and OLAP software development efforts; determine and communicate standard in configuration and naming and manage the resulting SDLC as it relates to the database layer. Reviews and approves application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment.
• Assists project managers in the development of project plans including detailed project estimates and tasks required for database activities. Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
• Designs and tests database installation, implementation, and recovery scenarios. Determines test to use and collects appropriate data according to established guidelines. Participates in analysis, development and implementation of unique database recovery plans in response to customer-impacting outages.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Four or more years of experience in database design or maintenance
• Four or more years of experience in SQL Server application DBA
• Experience in Database Administration in SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008
• Experience in Business Intelligence using SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
• Two or more years of experience in SQL development with the ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design
• Two or more years of experience with the ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL server related CPU, Memory, I/O, Disk space and other resource contention
• Experience working with computer hardware and software installation/upgrading procedures
• Experience working with database and system maintenance procedures
• Experience working with database creation techniques and database management systems (DBMS) features
• Experience working with database performance tuning