Type of Business: Dealer – Office Equipment, Managed IT Services, Managed Print Services, and Document Management
Job Title: Systems Engineer Tier 3 – Tier 4 / Managed IT Services
Location: Cockeysville Headquarters, Client sites in Baltimore Metro area
Major Goals and Responsibilities:
Working independently, serves customers by:
- Planning and engineering organization’s technology infrastructure. Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Managing and maintaining technology standards, processes and procedures for client’s infrastructure.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Providing primarily remote (some onsite) support services to existing accounts by analyzing work orders; investigating complaint service tickets; conducting tests; resolving problems.
- Works with vCIO in the on-boarding of new clients.
- Directs activities necessary to keep the technology infrastructure running seamlessly. (Evaluates existing and future needs, and provides recommendations on client purchases, and assists with developing client IT budgets. Makes recommendations regarding client purchases, assists with client IT budgeting.
Works under minimal guidance from vCIO and IT Strategist—expected to handle technical workload independently in accordance with policies, expectations, and customer service commitments. Requires experience in solving complex issues with minimal supervision.
Products and Services Involved In This Job:
Provides total managed services business solutions for our customers. Services may include hosting, remote monitoring, data backup and recovery, etc.
Proactive remote monitoring of client environments based on services outlined in individual contracts and in concert with external providers
Troubleshooting and repairing problems issues with:
- Various Industry specific software applications
- Network printers
- Local Area Networks (LAN) both wired and wireless.
- Antivirus/Malware Software
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Documents service and installation actions performed by completing forms, reports, logs, and records in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Provides timely status to vCIO on activities
- Consistently and accurately log all hours and activities with detail in order to bill clients.
- Works closely with the vCIO and Business Analysts in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of requirements
- Proactively monitors industry trends
- Provides frequent and accurate communication to Helpdesk personnel to ensure quality service to customers
- After hours work is occasionally required and necessary.
Behavioral Traits, Attitudes and Skills Required:
Effective at multi-tasking and prioritizing critical needs. Attitude must always be pleasant and enthusiastic. Attention to detail and must be organized. Ability to work alone as well as part of a team. Person must be able to work with and communicate with people at all levels of an organization. Proactive approach to problem solving. Strong customer service orientation. After hours work is occasionally required and necessary.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in the network of a multiple site Windows 2008/2012 server environment of at least 50 – 150 users
- Experience supporting Windows 7 desktops
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server 2008/2012
- Experience supporting Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013
- Experience with Office 365 cloud services
- Working knowledge of firewalls, routing and switching.
- Virtualization Experience Required (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experience with providing remote support and using remote management software
- Ability to work independently and with little direct management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients to identify and resolve problems