Our client is now seeking three senior-level Java Developers with strong experience to join our team. The position will be working with a local financial services client in Washington, DC that needs to fulfill immediate requirements for Java Development. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to get in and establish themselves in a dynamic environment.
Initially in these positions, you will:
- Create user information solutions, and
- Develop, implement and maintain Java-based components and interfaces.
The project site is located in Washington, DC. All work will be performed on-site, with occasional meetings as needed at our offices in Gaithersburg, MD. Our employees have in common a great work ethic, collaborative focus, humor and innovation. While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun.
- Defining and documenting system design.
- Analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designing, developing and testing user interfaces.
- Setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle, using the standard design methodologies and tool sets in the client environment.
- Recommending system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of multiple alternatives.
- Integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting.
- Completing development of applications by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities, contributing to team meetings, and troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supporting users by developing documentation and assistance tools, and
- Performing other tasks related to the project, as assigned.
- 8 years in Weblogic, Oracle, Solaris environment.
- 8 years of Web User Interface Design, Object-Oriented Design (OOD).
- Experience in agile development.
- Strong experience in Software Requirements and Software Development Processes.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Outstanding written, communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent diagnostic skills to troubleshoot issues.
This position is a full-time contract position. The salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send us a letter stating your interest in and qualifications for the position along with your resume and three references (these can be provided later).