Job Locations: East Hartford, CT; Middletown, CT; West Palm Beach, FL; Oklahoma City, OK
The Manufacturing Engineer's Responsibilities Include
· Implementation of new capital equipment from specification and ordering through delivery, installation and release to production.
· Help create and maintain shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, QAD/process control, and tooling definition/requirements.)
· Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks and addressing quality issues.
· Identify & implement shop floor process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
· Participate in ACE initiatives supporting the achievement of meeting the ACE 12.2 criteria.
Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, Integrated Product Teams, systems designers, Information Systems, and program assembly partners are typical of the position.
Qualifications 5-7 Years Related Experience.
A working-knowledge of the ACE Tools is desired including Process Certification & Management, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing.
Experience in the following types of coatings would be of great benefit, but not required: Low pressure plasma spray, vacuum plasma spray, air plasma spray, thermal barrier coatings, EBPVD coatings and diffusion coatings.
US Citizenship is required for this position. Education Bachelor's degree required. Engineering discipline with 3.0 GPA or higher preferred.