Position Description: Software Developer (SWE)
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
Software Developer Job Description:
Performs system software development tasks and activities to include:
- Develops C++ and Java software programs for complex military and space systems.
- Installs and tests newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
- Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications.
- Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
- Supports software integration activities.
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Software Developer Required Tasks:
- Develops custom C++ and Java software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
- Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
- Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
- Follows direction of software development team leads.
Highly Desirable Skills for Software Developer:
- Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
- Ability to troubleshoot HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues.
- Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
- Proficiency with Git, Gerrit, Eclipse, Matlab
- Experience with automated test techniques and tools
- Experience with provisioning and control of underwater weapons; and/or experience with acoustic signal processing algorithm design and development
Additional Requirements for Software Developer:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CpE, Math, Physics or related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
- Equivalent of 5 years of experience developing software in Java, C, and/or C++ for sustained periods of time, or a Master’s degree with 3 years of such experience
- Experience with design, development and troubleshooting of near-real time embedded applications, following appropriate standards and processes;
- Proficiency in Java, C, C++, Swing and/or JavaFX, Qt, multi-threading in a Linux environment
- Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
- Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
A proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.