Great client in Lanham, MD area looking to add a Jr/Mid Android Developer to there team.
We are looking for experienced individuals with design and coding experience, who can carry ideas/concepts through the analyzes and evaluation then develop, test, deploy and support complex software systems; Experience with scaling systems and cloud technology to support services in the mobile environment is a must. Be able to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities; Provide high level verbal and written communications such as design documents, presentation, decision documents, or research papers. Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with server teams to define, design, and ship new services
- Work with outside data sources and API's
- Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Education: B.S. Computer Science or related field preferred.
· 3+ years' experience with agile software development
· Self-starter, ability to gather requirements and provide solution
· Proven software development experience
· Proven working experience in Android development
· Have published at least one original Android app
· Experience with Android
· Experience working with remote data via Network connection to servers over TCP
· Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
· Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
· Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle