Responsible for the effective financial, accounting, and analysis of the professional and technical services line of the program. Provide project management team with relevant financial data necessary for budgetary and financial decisions. Assure projects compliance with existing government regulations such as the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). Responsible for proper implementation and ongoing utilization of accounting systems, including labor reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost reporting and cost allocations. Interface with the corporate compliance and service centers on accounting matters. Ensure that all office level activities comply with governing local, state and federal regulations and laws. Implement corporate and project Business Operating System and financial systems. Make recommendations and implement process improvements for business related functions within the program.
Essential Job Functions: (not limited to duties as described - performs related duties as requested)
1. Review and provide input to New Business Pricing Strategy and Competitive Analysis
2. For every new business bid (task orders on existing contracts, rebids, and new/new), support development of pricing strategy, review/validate/verify all pricing prior to submission.
3. Provide direct support to projects with any finance issues including billing, collections, analysis of actual vs. plan, overhead analysis, and errors resulting from process issues.
4. Act as the liaison between the HQ finance functions and the projects.
5. Review contract proposals or plans to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, billing requirements, appropriate contract setup in financial system and appropriate staffing requirements.
6. Work with PMs to ensure they understand their key business metric and value levers. Assist PMs with recovery plans to reach stretch goals established for PTS BAT. Monitor field finance compliance with IAP policies and procedures, and offer ideas/solutions for problem areas. Evaluate Project Invoice Cycle submission performance and DSOs to determine the driver. Work with PMs and their field finance or ASC support personnel to determine cause and effect. Recommend process improvements.
7. Review and provide feedback on new BAT contracts and subcontracts for reasonableness and areas of risk. Provide pricing support to BAT PMs for contract modifications or contract extensions. Perform a monthly review of GovWin New Business data in TM1 for data integrity.
8. For new business awards, coordinate forecasts between Director of Operations, PMs, and project accountants. Ensure that forecasts not entered by project accountants due to pending contract negotiations are covered in New Business forecasts. Monitor contract negotiations and input of new contracts by project accountants to ensure removal of forecasts from new business forecasts.
9. On a monthly basis, review and monitor project actual costs versus plan for variances <> 5%. For trends with monthly variances <>5% that continue for more than 2 months, determine if trend will continue and if re-forecast is required based on discussions with PM. If re-forecast required, work with PM, field finance, and ASC project accountants to validate Bases of Estimate for revised forecast. Review revised forecast with stake holders and obtain approval from BAT Ops VP.
Level of Supervision: Nonsupervisory
Education and Experience: BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management and 6 years of US Government contract experience. License and Certifications CPA desirable
Knowledge and Skills Basic knowledge of FAR/DFAR and DCAA requirements.