Great client looking for a Vmware Systems Engineer to support their client in Washington, D.C.
Knowledge and skills:
• Must have 3+ years of VMWare experience which includes managing VMware 4.x and 5.x ESX, ESXi, vCenter, View and vShield environments.
• Must have 3+ years of demonstrated experience using VMWare View Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VOi)
• Must have 4+ years of network infrastructure knowledge
• Must have the ability to configure CISCO Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices
• Experience working with software and hardware-based firewall applications to include vShield, VMWare Zones and Blue Coat or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft technologies to include Active Directory, installing, configuring and troubleshooting MS Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and SQL Server.
• Working knowledge of Storage Area Networks including the ability to install, configure and support SANs and associated technologies.
• Experience managing and configuring educational content delivery platforms such as Learning Management Systems and the Pearson VUE & GED testing platforms for delivery of electronic GED testing
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to set goals and work independently
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong oral and written communication and documentation skills
• Must clearly communicate technical issues and resolutions to the team, customer and management
• Strong problem solving abilities