1. Provide cradle-to-grave contract administration expertise on contracts with federal government agencies, primarily VA, negotiating agreements on behalf of the corporation.
2. Support program planning and development activities, including customer relationship management. Applying FFRDC contracting expertise and technical understanding of CEM’s core competencies to determine appropriateness of Statements of Work (SOWs).
3. Develop (through participation with program and financial representatives), review, submit and negotiate technical and cost proposals.
4. Participate proactively on corporate business initiatives that impact contract management
5. Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion in solving complex contract and business issues. Answer unusual and difficult contracts questions.
6. Participates in CVET financial planning and control
7. Define, interpret, and implement corporate policy as related to contract commitments and performance
8. Identify, track, mitigate and resolve risk issues
9. Develop and cultivate relationships with senior internal customers and stakeholder (CVET and Corporate) and external Sponsors, such as Contracting Officers and Contracts Branch Chiefs. Represents MITRE to external organizations and works toward trust and successful outcomes of professional relationships.
10.Promotes FFRDC role and value through knowledge training and education.
11. Develop and implement contracting strategies that support CVET’s business model and goals
12. Provide timely and responsive generation and negotiation of supporting contractual documents, such as non-disclosure agreements, software evaluation, license agreements and public release requests
13. Provide contractual and business recommendations to technical staff regarding proprietary information, patent disclosures, intellectual property and other contract issues