DATE: August 2016
TITLE: Roofing Project Manager REPORTS TO: Director of Roofing Operations
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt SUPERVISES: N/A
The Roofing Project Manager is responsible for the marketing and the acquiring of commercial roofing and architectural sheet metal sales, all aspects of project management of the sales generated or assigned, as well as, day to day operations which will impact the profitability and reputation of the project, department and company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and tracks sales, sales leads, and promotes department services. Interacts with other departments to promote cooperative sales and production efforts.
- Oversees and directs efforts related to production and quality control.
- Estimates job costs and presents all proposals to be submitted for review.
- Performs the management of projects to meet targeted schedules and costs. Ensures rapid project close-out and turnover.
- Develops long-term plans for continued growth of the department.
- Purchases materials and utilizes competent inventory analysis and inventory control.
- Completes billings, approves invoices, material slips, and coordinates with the payroll department in overseeing payroll/timecards for respective projects.
- Resolves disputes with clients and past due accounts efficiently.
- Reports all issues which are or may be detrimental to the well-being of the company.
- Maintains, institutes, and protects all company equipment, vehicles and personnel policies.
- Tracks and controls labor and material costs of jobs.
- Set up individual projects.
- Invoice contract and time and material projects.
- Works with prime and subcontractors on all phases of projects including schedules, change orders, submittals, quality control, etc.
- Oversees day to day production maximizing daily revenues.
- Directs customer relation efforts related to field personnel.
- Reviews purchase orders, contracts, and proposals to verify that they do not compromise company policy or exceed intended scope of work.
- Fields customer requests, questions and complaints to the appropriate department.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management or related field; three plus years related experience is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, business correspondence, and memos. Capability to write correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one, or group presentations to customers, vendors and/or subcontractors and other employees of the organization. Bi-lingual communication skills would be considered a benefit.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, aptitude to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project Estimating software, Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills. Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record. Must not be afraid of heights and must be able to position extension ladder to access roof for roof inspection/survey
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, climb ladder, bend, kneel, type, and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.