Position Description: Network Design Engineer
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
Network Design Engineer Job Description:
Performs software development tasks for real-time embedded systems for Navy Submarine, Surveillance, Surface Ship, and Aviation programs. Tasks and activities to include:
- Active participation in all phases of software development to include: high level design, detailed design, development, and Integration and Test.
- Ensures adherence to requirements through operational deployment working closely with an integrated functional team.
- Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications.
- Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
- Utilizes WireShark, Eclipse, gdb, JProfiler, Valgrind and other tools to isolate problems. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Network Design Engineer Required Tasks:
- Develops custom C++ and Java software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
- Demonstrates possession of strong Software Development skills and experience in virtualization, hyper visors, containers, network switch virtualization.
- Develop software test tools to aid in testing and problem determination.
- Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
- Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
- Follows direction of software development team leads.
Highly Desirable Skills for Network Design Engineer:
- Experience in Object Oriented Design using a UML tool
- Experience with Java or C++ or C
- Experience in GUI development, signal processing, embedded software, middleware, Linux drivers, system management, and XML.
- Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
- Familiarity with LINUX OS Kernel, Virtualization with Docker Containers, Mesos, Marthon, KVM, Xen, Open Stack, Switch Virtualization and Software Defined Networks.
- Experience working with AMQP, TCP/IP, Network domains, Network protocols, DNS, DHCP.
- Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
Additional Requirements for Network Design Engineer:
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Network Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience and two to five year’s professional experience.
- Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
- Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin."