Video Engineer – Stafford VA(qty 2)
Candidates should possess excellent customer service skills; be able to interact well with government and contracting staff; and be able to work independently on tasks. Candidates should have a minimum 5 years’ experience in areas described below.
Designing and developing enterprise network A/V services for video surveillance applications.
Developing and executing hardware and software test plans in order to identify problems and their causes.
Ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
Preparing milestone status reports, deliveries and presentations on the system test and evaluation concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
Analyzing system usage, operations and industry best practices to continually enhance operational capabilities of enterprise services.
Analyzing existing and emerging technologies in order to set standards for the network audio and video peripherals and components.
· Evaluating (to include market research and interfacing with vendors) new audio and video technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing standards.
• Analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
• Cognizance of the overarching INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the Sponsor’s network.
• Analyzing or recommending commercially available hardware and software when applicable.
• Defining standard equipment, developing engineering templates and providing recommendations during engineering reviews.
• Designing and developing solutions to complex applications problems and system administration issues.
• Planning new configurations for integration into the audio and video system, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added and the specifications for interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal performance.
• Administering servers, desktop computers, routers, switches, firewalls and Active Directory. o Can perform administrative tasks under the direction of an expert.
· Has a fundamental understanding of how the technology of the area of expertise interacts with the technology of the area of general knowledge.
· Can perform basic troubleshooting to include specifically that which may impact the technology of the area of expertise.
• The installation and administration of Video Management Software including but not limited to the Milestone Systems XProtect Enterprise and Corporate products.
• The installation and administration of IP camera technologies within video surveillance applications.
The position does require a Top Secret clearance