Must have at least an interim TS clearance for this role.
The Telecom Technician provides telephone/data connectivity service and support of telecommunication services during office relocations and rearrangements. Provides support for day-to-day ongoing telecommunication services and troubleshooting analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, assists and implements moves and changes of telecommunications services to correspond with office relocations and rearrangements.
• Maintains and troubleshoots telephones and telephone circuits to include ISDN
• Maintains inventory and database for Telecommunication Office including all land lines and circuits terminating within remote sites.
• Provides administrative assistance to ensure the affective functioning of the Telecommunication Office
• Manages and supports long haul telecommunications services for client
• Assists in inventory of telecommunications equipment and services
• Investigates, plans and implements new technologies into client’s telecommunications system to support the integration of voice, video, data and wireless technologies
• Deploys trains, communicates capabilities and performs life cycle support of voice, video, data and wireless technologies
• Provides technical advice to ensure the effective operation of telecommunication systems
• Performs configuration management of client telecommunications systems
• Provides operations support for new or revised hardware or software distribution, user assistance, training and associated security functions
• Provides routine maintenance of telephones, systems, switches, TTY devices, analog phones, facsimile, STU-III, and other specialized telephone and voice systems support
• Performs other duties/projects as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or basic vocational knowledge
• Two (2) years of experience in telephony systems
• Knowledge of basic telecommunications operations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, a variety of governmental employees and officials, and the general public
• Proficiency with Proficiency with computer based applications (MS Office Suites, Excel, Internet and /or Outlook).
• Associates Degree in Communications/Electronics Technology or related field (preferred)
• Experience with voice communications systems, PBXs, key systems including voicemail support (i.e. Avaya Intuity Audix, Modular Messaging)
Certification: Avaya certification preferred
TS security clearance required.