The Java Application Developer codes, tests and implements new applications and provides troubleshooting support for existing legacy systems.
· Review, analyze, and modify existing software programs.
· Code, test, debug and deploy software applications.
· Develop applications from detailed design specifications.
· Resolve technical issues related to newly-created or existing code, through debugging and troubleshooting.
· Work independently on complex, non-routine tasks and projects – under limited supervision.
· Interact directly with end users and/or technical POCs to resolve software problems.
· Adhere to customer and DoD policies and guidelines such as, technical standards, security, and IT best practices.
Technical Skills Required
Required: minimum of 5-years’ experience with the following:
Development environment: Eclipse
Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
Application Server: Apache Tomcat
Frameworks: Spring (Spring Rest, JPA, Security), Hibernate (or other ORM likes iBatis)
Tools/Services: Java RESTful web services, SOAP/WSDL-based Java web services (WS*-)
Database: Oracle 11g (11.2)/12c
User interface: Angular JS Framework, jQuery, and Bootstrap for responsive design
Development methodology: Agile/Scrum
Preferred: experience with the following:
Source Control: Subversion
Build Tool: Apache Maven
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Required Security Clearance: Secret or clearable candidates.
Client will sponsor the clearance process but cleared candidates are highly desirable. U.S. Citizenship is required