Position Description: LINUX Developer Engineer
Job Location: Manassas, VA.
LINUX Developer Engineer Job Description:
- Performs LINUX programming tasks for the development of complex military and space systems.
- Installs newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
- Isolates the source of system operational performance deficiencies to either software or hardware problems.
- Tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications as part of a team working an overall systems software development and improvement process.
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
LINUX Developer Engineer Required Tasks:
- Develops LINUX code and custom software to support software and hardware operability.
- Creates LINUX scripts in support of software integration in a laboratory environment.
- Provides support for troubleshooting HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and isolates problems found during testing in a Linux environment and creates detailed bug reports.
Highly Desired Skills for LINUX Developer Engineer:
- Experience working in an Agile/Sprint release planning environment including depth of understanding of providing impact analysis on testing as Sprint and releases are introduced to the integration environment.
- Experience at the Linux command line.
- Experience interfacing to RESTful APIs using JSON or XML messaging such as Sinatra (Ruby).
- Sound knowledge of Java/C++ development and how it relates to testing.
Additional requirements for LINUX Developer Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
- Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift when required.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week
Start Date: Negotiable
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin."