Great client of ours in the Baltimore, MD area looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer. Must have 4+ years of Ruby on Rails Developer experience.
• Minimum of 8+ years’ experience designing software applications based on business requirements.
• Must have deep knowledge of software engineering and the lifecycle of software, e.g. Agile development.
• Ability to provide vision and architect complex systems.
• Expert level software development skills in Ruby on Rails; (at least 4 years’ experience) including knowledge of Ruby meta programming and Ruby’s object model.
• Advanced database and SQL skills including experience with PostgreSQL or a similar database management system.
• Advanced skills in identifying and resolving problems in software code or design; experience with debugging, error tracing, log analysis, and other techniques for resolving issues.
• Ability to review work and code for others, conduct code audits, make recommendations for improvement, and unit test own work.
• Basic UNIX command line (bash/zsh), source code, and Git
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively independently as well as in teams.
The following skills are highly desirable:
• Ability to interpret business needs onto technical platforms for non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and across departmental boundaries.
• Knowledge of best practices in Web security and encryption.
• Experience coding for responsive design, mobile sites, and apps.
• Additional Web programming languages, e.g., PHP
• Web design, writing, or editing.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, science, engineering, or a related field and 8 + years of software development experience required or equivalent of education and experience.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field is highly desired.