Project Mechanical Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position Specific Responsibilities
1. Performs HVAC calculations using calculation software and the drawings from the related disciplines.
2. Consults with team members to identify the proper systems to meet the calculated loads.
3. Coordinates with manufacturer’s representatives to select the equipment to perform the calculated loads.
4. Designs the air and water systems associated with the mechanical equipment to distribute the calculated loads to the building spaces.
5. Works hands on with the CADD and BIM software to input the calculated design in the preparation of contract documents.
6. Coordinates mechanical systems with the other disciplines on the project.
7. Supervise junior team members in the input and production of contract documents.
Coaching and Training
Participate in annual documented performance review meetings with mid-year follow-ups with immediate supervisor.
Using appropriate career paths, strengthens own skills and urges direct reports and peers to improve their capabilities via training and advanced education.
BEHAVIORAL: Provides leadership, shares technical expertise and experience with other Employees. Able and willing to sets the example relative to maturity, attitude and work ethic. Provides a good and professional appearance; Able to perform as a self-managed individual; Stable work history; Demonstrates a willingness to continue education and grow personally and professionally.
A. Graduate with BS degree in mechanical engineering and 2 to 5 years related experience in the HVAC and Plumbing Consulting Engineering field.
B. Or 5+ years in related experience in the HVAC and Plumbing Consulting Engineering Field.
Stable work history.
Possesses associated licenses and/or certifications required by trade for the position (i.e. Trade Licenses)
JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
Working knowledge of basic HVAC calculations using Carrier HAP, Trane Trace or similar HVAC load and energy analysis programs.
Experienced in duct sizing, layout and design for all air systems.
Ability to perform basic plumbing calculations for pressure calculations, system sizing for boilers, heaters, pumps, etc.
Working knowledge of existing mechanical and plumbing codes.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, submittals, specifications, details; perform a variety of duties which may often change; repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure and work within precise limits and standards of numerical accuracy.
Master design tools needed to perform effectively including computer skills, code studies, Take-Offs, etc.
Ability to effectively plan, organize, delegate, and control the work process.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to prioritize tasks, work effectively under stress, meet short deadlines and take direction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to work skillfully and remain calm during the stress of short production driven deadlines.
Ability to work in a sitting or standing position during the work day using a computer screen for the entire day.