We are looking for smart, focused, detail-oriented Web Developer / Administrator. The ideal candidate will be an energetic individual who is a quick learner, is hungry for knowledge, can multitask, and work well in a team environment.
Note: US citizenship and an active Secret clearance required.
This position is based in our office in San Antonio, Texas. The duty hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
The primary purpose of this position is to work with military and civilian stakeholders to migrate, build, and improve websites in dynamic Content Management System (CMS) and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Some of the efforts you will drive include:
- major platform upgrades, plugin testing/integration and theme customization.
- enabling stream-lined viewer experiences for IOS devices.
- writing multiple functions and styles for several sites, including creation of multiple web graphics.
- enhancement, testing, and deployment of custom themes, including development of training guides.
Duties and Responsibilities
- develop courses of action (COA) for projects, identifying and organizing assets and capabilities in work environments to determine software and training requirements critical to project completion;
- help develop new navigation structures and establish enhanced and new web designs;
- Developing and updating CMS-related training materials and documentation
- Conducting in-person and virtual training sessions with end users
- Performing quality assurance on websites prior to deployment
- Participating in requirements gathering/specification for websites and applications
- The individual holding the position will be expected to work well in an organization that values service, innovation, competency, and integrity.
- at least three years of demonstrable expertise in front-end web design using PHP, HTML, CSS, and Adobe tools.
- 3 years of WordPress Development or Administration.
- Proven experience in website development and/or website management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team structure and individually when required to meet project requirements and timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Additional Helpful Skills
. a college degree in related technical filed is preferred.
. Experience using Web content management systems, ie: CMS, LMS, or KMS; . Understanding of Web accessibility best practices and Section 508 compliance . proficiency with Flash.
. Prior military experience, especially in the Public Affairs career field.