Jr Software Engineer in DC
Seeking software engineer to work with our team in developing solutions for our customer in Washington D.C. This person will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining our current applications and designing, building, and deploying new custom applications.
This person will work very closely with clients, end-users, and other team members to identify needs and propose solutions. They will be responsible for determining requirements, developing schedules, and building and testing custom software solutions to meet and exceed the business needs of the customer. This person will be responsible for maintaining existing systems in addition to transforming legacy systems into more user-friendly, powerful, and efficient systems.
Our ideal candidate for the Software Engineer position will have a solid background of web-based application development. Experience with working on a project during the full software development lifecycle is preferred. The candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally. We are looking for someone who enjoys working on a small team, is eager to learn, and who has a passion for software development and getting things accomplished.
Day to day duties:
- Participates in application design and development discussions with clients and management to determine client needs and ensure that product adheres to established specifications and standards.
- Reviews development, modification and testing of applications software by less experienced employees to ensure that product efficiency and cost effectiveness are achieved.
- Performs moderately complex modifications, testing and debugging tasks on vendor supplied utilities and packages to ensure fit with current operating environment.
- Reviews and edits program and user documentation for applications developed within the department to ensure that client access to product is efficient and user-friendly.
- Designs, codes and maintains complex applications to ensure applications are efficient and updated on a regular basis; may review work of less senior programmers and provide suggestions to improve product quality.
- Coordinates activities with personal computer support staff to ensure that appropriate support is provided on all applications issues.
- May provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years hands-on software engineering experience
- Experience with relational database technologies: SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience with development tools: Toad or SQL Developer
- Experience with SDLC
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain top secret security clearance
- Active CompTIA Security+ certificate
**Send resume to email@example.com