Great opportunity with growing Government Contractor.
The Network Solutions Engineer-Riverbed SME joins an experienced team of experts for project engagements in and around the Washington D.C. area. This position requires extensive hands-on network and applications performance analysis skills and will stretch your abilities and imagination as you solve complex problems within the enterprise.
• 2+ years of experience using Riverbed SteelCentral AppResponse, OPNET AppResponse Xpert, ACE analyst Live or other related OPNET products
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and the ability to troubleshoot network-related issues
• Experience with configuring SPAN/RSPAN/TAP technologies such as Cisco/Gigamon/NetOptice
• Must understand NetFlow, iFlow, sFlow or other flow technologies
• Knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS, CIFS, SMB, MAPi, SMTP, DNS and SQL protocols
• Candidate should be familiar with network and application monitoring tools such as HP OpenView, Solarwinds, Wireshark, NetScout, Computer Associates, Compuware
• Ability to coordinate troubshooting among multiple customer departments and end-use customers
• Developing effective responses to questions regarding the status and health of the customer’s network and applications
• Design appropriate policies/rules for identifying & reporting events according to industry best practices
DOD Clearance required