ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical, robotic and pneumatic issues on most production equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Perform electrical and software troubleshooting of production equipment failures with some direction and guidance.
3. Provide basic electrical and pneumatic maintenance support and training to operators.
4. Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on most electrical, robotic and pneumatic systems according to specification.
5. Troubleshoot, repair and perform basic preventative maintenance for most hydraulic and mechanical equipment issues.
6. Assist with the wiring and installation of new equipment throughout the facility; Able to take projects from conception to implementation with some guidance.
7. Makes equipment and facility improvement recommendations to Maintenance Manager.
8. Communicate critical issues to Group Lead and/or Maintenance Manager in a timely manner.
9. Responds to on-call emergencies.
10. Order and maintains spare parts inventory.
11. Trains Level I Electrical Maintenance Technicians in basic troubleshooting and repair techniques.
12. Completes required maintenance documentation which includes work orders, timesheets and parts requests.
13. Trains machine operators on daily maintenance procedures.
14. Able to weld and fabricate basic parts to repair equipment.
15. Performs general plant, building and grounds maintenance as required.
16. Adheres to 6s and safety procedures.
17. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS (BACKGROUND/SKILL/TRAINING):
1. A high school diploma or GED is required; Technical training in a related field is preferred.
2. Demonstrates proficiency of industrial electrical skills and the understanding of electrical schematics.
3. Demonstrates basic proficiency in water systems, electronic controls and pneumatics.
4. Experienced using diagnostic tools and electrical testing equipment to troubleshoot.
5. Demonstrates proficiency in all phases of circuitry and all phases of AC/DC voltage; Knowledge of high voltage from 575-3300 volts.
6. Has basic knowledge of robotics and PLC’s.
7. Operates power tools and hand tools as needed; basic rigging abilities.
8. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of welding equipment and materials.
9. On-call availability.
10. Demonstrates general mathematical skills.
11. Read, understand and interpret work orders and equipment manuals.
12. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills; Able to work independently or as a team.
13. Reads and understands English.
14. Able to lift, push or pull up to 50lbs routinely; Up to 75lbs occasionally.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
The work is primarily performed in a non-temperature controlled; smoke-free manufacturing environment. Noise level is moderate to loud. The individual is exposed to extremes in temperature on a regular basis. Employee is required to wear designated PPE at all times while in the plant. Work may be performed near equipment with moving parts or require use of some chemicals and resigns.